Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coach and prepare players for competition and to motivate and provide guidance and assistance to all members of the team
- Attend all practice and intercollegiate contests
- Recruit and select new student-athletes whose academic abilities and character are compatible with Marquette educational purpose.
- Recommend the assignment of the amount of grant-in-aid for each student-athlete within the guidelines and limits available, presenting completed information to the Athletics Compliance staff for final approval.
- Assess and ensure the eligibility of the student-athletes in accordance with NCAA, BIG EAST Conference and Marquette University rules.
- Assure the continued oversight of academic admissions and performance of student-athletes through to graduation, incorporating especially the assistance as needed of Admissions and the College Dean’s Offices via the Athletics Academic Services office.
- Prepare a competitive women’s soccer schedule within established University parameters and in coordination with the Director of Intercollegiate Athletics.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Previous women’s soccer collegiate coaching experience at the Division I collegiate level preferred.
- Head coaching experience in women’s soccer preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills desired.
- Values compatible with and supportive of Marquette’s mission as a culturally diverse, Catholic Jesuit University desirable.
It is the policy of Marquette University to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other applicable federal or state-protected classification.