- Must be at least 21 years of age to be a head coach or coach at the high school.
- A valid Florida DOE state certificate.
- Experience as a high school or college participant in the sport being coach preferred.
- Minimum of a high school diploma.
- Must possess valid CPR and First Aid cards prior to the start of season.
- Must meet driving requirements including possession of a valid Florida Driver’s License and clear DMV report as determined by the WCSB Transportation Coordinator.
- Develop and understand team play and specific tactical concepts applied to a game plan.
- Provide for the health, safety and well-being of team members.
- Adhere to the start and end dates/times of assigned sport.
- Understand team-related issues, i.e. player management, match analysis, etc.
- Maintain a safe and effective environment for athletic instruction and activities.
- Fulfill all administrative requirements in accordance with the WCSB procedures, including tracking daily student attendance, physical forms, parent permission, student accident reports, etc.
- Administer all aspects of the competitive program assigned.
- Communicate effectively the objectives of the designated program to other coaches, participants, parents, media, and community.