The Head Men’s Soccer Coach will oversee all elements of the Olivet Nazarene University’s Men’s Soccer program. The head coach will be responsible for recruiting, budgeting, scheduling, travel arrangements and the scheduling of practice and game facilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Schedule and supervise a fall/spring game and practice schedule.
- Work within budgetary guidelines for all phases of the program.
- Arrange transportation for all away contests.
- Recruit and maintain both varsity and reserve teams.
- Schedule facilities for all practices and games.
- Provide supervision at all practices and matches.
- Provide athletes with proper practice opportunities and knowledge to improve their game.
- Keep the supplies and equipment for men’s soccer in full repair and secure. This includes pre and post season inventory, supervising and coordinating the prudent use of these during the season, and storing them during the remainder of the year.
- Ensure the proper completion of physical examinations and all forms relating to emergency medical authorization and insurance.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Possess personal characteristics such as excellent communication skills, organization, etc.
- Demonstrate an understanding and sympathy for education in the Wesleyan tradition and Nazarene school sponsorship.
- Demonstrate an active relationship with Christ as expressed in faith and service, which is in accord with the mission of Olivet Nazarene University.
- Be a model of Christian discipleship as confirmed through active engagement in a local church, involvement in campus worship, and through a vibrant, current testimony.
- The head coach should possess a good knowledge of the sport including, but not limited to, knowledge of training and conditioning techniques and the ability to diagnose player deficiencies and prescribe corrective activities.
- The head coach must be able to clearly communicate with players, parents, and supervisory personnel.