Who You Are:
- An educator with an unwavering commitment to the Democracy Prep mission of college success and authentic civic engagement for our scholars.
- An outstanding classroom teacher who holds scholars to consistently high behavioral and academic expectations through high support.
- A self-reflective and self-aware teammate who is dedicated to aligning their classroom to Democracy Prep's commitment to antiracism and who is eager to use these skills to contribute to a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- A results-driven assessor with experience in and commitment to the use of data analysis to drive instructional decisions and teacher accountability.
- A professional with deep content-area expertise, who engages scholars with differentiation and strong execution of high-quality curriculum and prepares rigorous and engaging lessons through strong lesson planning.
What You'll Do:
- Work to ensure that scholars enjoy a classroom culture characterized by high expectations and high support.
- Create an inclusive classroom and school community by engaging in training, reflection, and dialogue around issues of race, identity, diversity, equity, and inclusion for our staff and scholars.
- Plan and prepare for effective implementation of a coherent, research-based curriculum.
- Develop and use a variety of assessment data to refine curricula and instructional practice.
- Maintain strong relationships with scholars, families, and colleagues through effective and frequent communication.
- Continuously improve your professional practice through weekly coaching sessions, professional development, and collaborative, data-driven reflection with department and grade-level teams.
Democracy Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, domestic violence victim status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.