To help each participating student achieve a high level of skill, an appreciation for the values of discipline and sportsmanship, and an increased level of self-esteem.
- BA Degree, education preferred, but not required.
- Current State of Washington teaching certificate preferred, but not required.
- Ability to meet WIAA coaching standards.
- Valid first aid card.
- Baseball coaching experience preferred.
- Coaches individual participants in the skills necessary for excellent achievement in the sport involved.
- Plans and schedules a regular program of practice in season.
- Works closely with the athletic director in scheduling contests.
- Recommends purchase of equipment, supplies, and uniforms as appropriate.
- Maintains necessary attendance forms, insurance records, and similar paperwork.
- Oversees the safety and playing conditions of the facility or area in which the assigned sport is conducted at all times that students are present.
- Enforces discipline and sportsmanlike behavior at all time, and establishes and oversees penalties for breach of such standards by individual students.