This position is responsible for providing educational leadership through the Waterloo Community School District curriculum and to facilitate learning that challenges and supports all students in an equitable and safe environment and that meets Board Policy 102.0 (Educational Philosophy) and Board and building educational goals. This position delivers the curriculum selected by the district, congruent with the district-adopted curricula scope and sequence, in a manger congruent with district expectations for teaching strategies, approaches and methodologies.
- Provides multiple forms of evidence of student learning and growth to students,
families and staff.
- Implements strategies supporting students, building and district goals.
- Uses student performance data as a guide for decision making.
- Accepts and demonstrates responsibility for creating a classroom culture that supports the learning of every student.
- Creates an environment of mutual respect, rapport and fairness.
- Participates in and contributes to a school culture that focuses on improved student
- Communicates with students, families, colleagues and communities effectively and accurately.
- Ability to work effectively, cooperatively and respectfully with staff, parents and community members regardless of race, creed, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic/national origin, religion, marital status, age, socio-economic status or disability.
- Knowledge of processes to address cultural diversity and associated issues related to student performance and instructional methodology.
- Demonstrated record of commitment and sensitivity to affirmative action, equal opportunity and human rights.
- Demonstrated experience as a self-starter.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Good organizational skills.