- Bachelor’s degree from accredited university or a probationary certificate with enrollment in an approved Alternative Certification Program.
- Valid Texas teaching certificate with required endorsements or required training for subject and level assigned.
- Demonstrated competency in the core academic subject area assigned.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of district’s curriculum program and show written evidence of preparation as required.
- Prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for differences in student learning styles.
- Present subject matter according to guidelines established by Texas Education Agency, board policies, and administrative regulations.
- Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment that reflect understanding of the learning styles and needs of students assigned.
- Conduct assessment of student learning styles and use results to plan instructional activities.
- Work cooperatively with special education teachers to modify curricula as needed for special education students according to guidelines established in Individual Education Plans (IEP).
- Work with other members of staff to determine instructional goals, objectives, and methods according to district requirements.
- Plan and supervise assignments of teacher aide(s) and volunteer(s).