DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teaches District approved curriculum.
- Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
- Plans a program of study that is aligned to the common core state standards, employing a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media that that differentiates instruction to meet the individual needs, interest, and abilities of the students.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, and facilities.
- Assists the administration in implementing all policies and rules.
- Encourages students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior.
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and, establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units, projects to communicate these objectives to students.
- Assists in diagnosing the learning disabilities of students, with the assistance of district specialists.
- Teaching license for the particular position as required by the State.
- Must be familiar with the use of computers including but not limited to electronic mail, the Internet, word processing, and electronic spreadsheets (Microsoft Office).
- Establish and maintain effective and courteous working relationships with those contacted in the course of work (students, parents, and staff).
- Ability to understand and follow basic oral and written instructions.
- Ability to communicate to students, parents and staff in an acceptable/courteous manner.