Should be able to develop in each pupil an understanding of the relationship of good body function and exercise; to motivate each pupil to cultivate physical fitness habits, and good social and emotional adjustments; to discover and develop talents of pupils in physical achievement; to develop strength, skill, agility, poise and coordination in individual, dual and team physical activities and sports, in accordance with each pupil's ability.
Essential Job Functions:
- Attend work in a regular, reliable and punctual manner.
- To "telework" when requested by the District.
- Teaches knowledge and skills in physical fitness, health education activities, rhythms and dance, and individual, dual or team sports, utilizing course of study adopted by the Board of Education and other appropriate learning activities.
- Works cooperatively with other physical education teachers in the district in planning a balanced physical education program.
- Analyzes, demonstrates and explains basic skills, knowledge and strategies of activities, games, rhythms and fundamentals of body movement.
- Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to provide an orderly, productive environment in the physical education areas.
- Evaluates each pupil's growth in physical skills, knowledge and contribution in team sports and activities.
- Maintains professional competence through in-service education provided by the district, and in self-selected professional growth activities.
- Communicates with parents, teachers and school counselors on pupil progress.
- Identifies pupil needs, and cooperates with other professional staff members in helping pupil's solve health, attitude and learning problems.
- Required: Must have a Bachelor's Degree with a valid Missouri teaching certificate.
- Preferred: Previous experience.