Under the direction of the supervisor, develops lesson plans and presents lessons in subject areas to students. Plans, organizes, and implements an appropriate instructional program and learning environment for students.
JOB SPECIFIC DUTIES:
- Analyzes, demonstrates, and explains basic skills, knowledge and strategies of physical education activities.
- Provides appropriate safety instruction and safety checks on physical education equipment.
- Demonstrate preparation and skill in working with students from diverse cultural, economic and ability backgrounds.
- Plan, prepare and deliver lesson plans and instructional materials that facilitate active learning.
- Develops schemes of work, lesson plans and tests that are in accordance with established procedures.
- Instruct and monitor students in the use of learning materials and equipment.
- Differentiates physical education instruction.
- Manages student behavior in the classroom by establishing and enforcing rules and procedures.
- Maintain discipline in accordance with the rules and disciplinary systems of the school.
- Completion of an undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university and be eligible to obtain a Georgia Clear and Renewable Teacher Certificate as required by statute.
- OR Hold a Provisional Georgia Educator’s Certificate AND eligible to obtain a Georgia Clear and Renewable Teacher Certificate as required by statute.