- Plans a program of study that follows district guidelines and, as much as possible, meets the individual needs, interests and abilities of students.
- Implements researched-based teaching strategies that engage all students; acknowledging a range of abilities of students and cultural backgrounds.
- Creates an environment conducive to learning and motivates students through effective communication and evaluative feedback.
- Implements current district curriculum and subject matter that is grade level appropriate.
- Plans for and guides the learning process toward the mastery of curriculum goals, and establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects that are clearly communicated to students.
- Implements district improvement plans and strategies.
- Collaborates with colleagues, students, and/or parents on a regular basis, and as requested by the administration.
- Implements formative and summative assessments of student pro
- Bachelor’s degree in related subject from a regionally accredited university.
- Illinois Professional Educator License (PEL) with a Grade K-9, K-12 or PK-12 Physical Education endorsement required.
Experience / Knowledge:
- Knowledge of the Illinois Learning Standards (CCSS 2014).
- Knowledge of and ability to implement the RtI process and tiered instruction and interventions.
- Teaching experience is preferred.