To help students learn subject matter and/or skills that will contribute to their development as mature, able and responsible members of society.
- Valid Missouri Teaching Certificate.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with personnel, students, and patrons in individual and group settings.
- Knowledge of informal and formal assessment procedures and curriculum standards .
- Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
- Develops and maintains a classroom environment conducive to effective learning within the limits of the resources provided by the district.
- Prepares for classes assigned, and shows written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate superiors.
- Assists the administration in implementing all policies and/or rules governing student life and conduct, and, for the classroom, develops reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure, and maintains order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
- Encourages students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior.
- Employs instructional methods and materials that are most appropriate for meeting stated objectives.