The Physical Therapist II is an experienced therapist who is fully competent with all essential functional and job duties of a Physical Therapist I, but also has expertise and experience in evaluating and developing treatment plans for more complex patients and for a wide variety of ages and diagnoses, utilizing advanced skills and techniques to solve patient care needs in an accurate and efficient manner.
What you will do:
- Participates in clinical teaching, including the clinical instruction of physical therapy interns/students, residents, and other staff.
- Prepares and presents an in-service (at least one annually).
- Provides input regarding the educational needs of the staff and serves as a resource in meeting those needs.
- With the support of the manager, may initiate clinical research within area of clinical expertise.
- Provides mentoring to others when appropriate and serves as a role model/resource/teacher/mentor to less experienced physical therapists.
- Leads patient care conferences, communicating with and teaching other care providers.
- Identifies departmental performance improvement issues and participates in performance improvement activities, e.g. chart reviews, revision of documentation forms, workflow studies, etc.
- Bachelor’s, Masters’ or Doctorate degree required.
- Graduation from an approved Physical Therapy curriculum.
- Two (2) years clinical experience as Physical Therapist.