The Strength and Conditioning Assistant Coach for Athletic Performance will be responsible for, but not limited to, assisting in all areas of the intercollegiate Athletic Performance Department such as: developing and implementing sport specific-programs, teaching and establishing safe and efficient Olympic lifting techniques and diverse movement skills; test and evaluate athletic performance for their assigned Olympic Sport teams; assist with the development and maintenance of a databank for all assigned athletes; enforce the policies, procedures and regulations that oversee all activities in the Athletic Training Centers.
Brief Description of Duties:
- Perform basic equipment cleaning and overall facility maintenance.
- Responsible for assigned sports team twelve-month training schedule.
- Assist in building a nationally competitive Division I program.
- Collaborates with Head Coach, Athletic Trainers, and Strength & Conditioning Coaches to design academic year (in-season and out-of-season) and summer conditioning programs.
- Assist with budgeting, reconciling expenses, and proposing purchases for the sports program.
- Must be committed to the academic goals of the university and follow the rules and guidelines set forth by the NCAA and the Mountain West Conference.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience.
- CSCS and CPR certification required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Minimum of two years experience as a strength and conditioning coach at the collegiate level.
- Candidate must have experience teaching various Olympic movements and working with male and female athletes including football.
- Fluency with rehabilitation programs for athletes and the ability to work with the Sports Medicine Staff.
- Applicants must demonstrate an awareness of and sensitivity to the educational goals of a multicultural population as might have been gained in cross-cultural study, training, teaching and other comparable experience.