In the pursuit of our mission, Eastern High School is hiring a Varsity Cross Country coach. This individual will be responsible for leading Eastern High School’s Varsity Cross Country team to success on and off the course. In particular, the coach will be expected to recruit a full team, coach their team to a competitive record, and ensure their team is academically successful for the whole season.
- Previous successful Cross Country coaching experience.
- Knowledge of hiqh-quality coaching tactics and practice drills.
- Knowledge of MHSAA & LSD rules and policies.
- CPR Certification & first aid training.
- Commitment to Lansing School District’s mission and vision.
- Lead and manage Eastern High School’s Varsity Cross Country team throughout the entire 2023-24 season.
- Recruit a full team of players for Eastern High School’s Varsity Cross Country team by the first day of the season, including running competitive tryouts if necessary.
- Coach Eastern High School’s Varsity Cross Country team to a winning record, with the goal of reaching postseason play.
- Ensure all your players are academically eligible and successful throughout the entire Winter season.
- Organize and communicate consistent practice and competitive game schedules in collaboration with Eastern High School’s Athletic Director.
- Maintain and distribute team equipment and jerseys at the beginning and end of the season.
- Organize and operate offseason conditioning, training, and clinics for both team members and community members.