The person in this position is responsible for assisting the Head Football Coach by coordinating the offensive unit of the football team, preparing and conducting offensive team practices, training, competition game planning and recruiting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the offensive unit of the football team by assisting, directing and game planning on the offensive side of the ball;
- Supervise and direct assistant offensive coaches;
- Develop performance standards for student-athletes to maximize their potential and achieve high levels of competition;
- Assess athletic performance and improvement and provide feedback and guidance regarding athletic progress;
- Effectively deliver instruction and motivation to assistant offensive coaches and players;
- Develop high expectations for student-athletes to achieve in the classroom as well as on the playing venue;
- Develop and implement practice plans and strategies for athletic events;
- Supervise NMHU athletic events and enforce sportsmanship standards;
- Assist with game management for home events when not competing.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of applicable team or individual sports and playing rules;
- Ability to lead and motivate position coaches on the offensive unit;
- Knowledge of NCAA student athlete academic eligibility requirements;
- Demonstrated competitive coaching skills in area of sporting specialty;
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills;
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community;
- Knowledge of NCAA recruiting rules;
- Knowledge of travel/lodging planning and scheduling.