- Assists to plan and develop the Football program to ensure compliance with established guidelines and regulations for college university accredited events.
- Assists to establish and implement specific program objectives for the Football program. Assists to plan, organize schedule and conduct practice sessions including a pre-season conditioning program, home and away competitions to provide participating students appropriate training and academic time for continued program eligibility and personal growth.
- Promotes and manages all aspects of a Division II intercollegiate Football team in compliance with the NCAA, Lone Star Conference, institutional rules and regulations.
- Recruits prospective athletes through personal visits, telephone interviews and mail solicitation in accordance with established NCAA requirements and standards. Discusses personal scholastic and athletic goals/objectives with available opportunities as the University. Coordinates/ schedules site visits for prospective recruits, parents and other interested parties.
- Monitors academic performance levels of all participating student athletes to ensure compliance with established University and accrediting standards for class attendance and graduation performance.
- Bachelor’s degree and prior collegiate football experience at the Junior College level or four-year institution with 2 or more years of coaching experience.
- Master’s degree with 3 years of collegiate coaching experience or a total of 6 years of both collegiate playing and coaching experience preferred.
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred.