Report to: Director of Athletics
Basic Function: Our interscholastic athletic programs will serve to further promote the values we teach our students in all areas of school life. The integral work and leadership of our Head Varsity Coaches is essential to the success of our athletic teams but also toward the fulfillment of the school’s mission to prepare students fully for college and beyond. Head Varsity Coaches are responsible for leading their respective program in every facet, and must recognize that the commitment to fulfill the responsibilities below will entail a considerable amount of time both during and out of the season.
- Help recruit, develop, and retain coaches in their program.
- Develop and manage a plan to develop student-athletes in the program.
- Devise daily practice plans.
- Provide Athletic Directors with input on game scheduling.
- Remain current in the rules and procedures of their sport at the league, state, and national level. Serve on seeding committees and organizations, as needed and appropriate.
- Work with the admissions office to help identify student-athletes who will positively contribute to the school and to their athletic program.
- Be knowledgeable about the college recruiting timelines in their sport, and support student-athletes who want to attempt to continue playing in college. Coaches will communicate with these student-athletes’ college advisers to coordinate an athletic piece, if appropriate, to the student-athlete’s search.
- Maintain an updated team page on the website, including timely game recaps in-season, and work with Communications to promote their program and their student-athletes.
- Assist any efforts of the Advancement Office related to their program.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with Hill alumni in their sport.
- Serve on the Athletics Advisory Team which will meet regularly throughout the year.