Under general supervision, the head coach will plan, organize and direct all activities, duties, and responsibilities of his/her respective sport program.
- Organize and execute an aggressive recruiting program of district high school student-athletes.
- Recruit students who have a legitimate chance of succeeding academically and socially at the college level.
- Actively participate and support high school visitations; individual contacts with the athlete and his parents; home visits; follow-up correspondence; campus visits by athlete; articulate recruiting activities with interested four-year coaches; communicate with all prospects informing them of registration procedures, admission testing.
- Contact with Four-Year Schools and Professionals
- Contact four-year coaches about present student-athletes who have a desire to attend their institution.
- Respond to correspondence and questionnaires from four-year schools and professional teams that request information about our student-athletes.
- Encourage four-year coaches to visit our campus to recruit our student-athletes.
- Any bachelor's degree or higher and two years of professional experience; or
- Any associate degree and six years of professional experience.
- Clear evidence of sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students. The professional experience required must be directly related to the assignment.