The High School Physical Education Teacher will supervise assigned students and maintain a positive learning environment. They will adapt instruction to meet the individual learning needs of all students resulting in an increased probability of advancing their achievement.
- Deliver high-quality instruction using digital curriculum.
- Demonstrate mastery of subject matter.
- Encourage collaboration, communication, and respect among students.
- Maintain high standards for academic excellence.
- Post daily lesson objectives that can be articulated by the students.
- Provide well-paced instructional ?ow to fully utilize time allotted and maintain student engagement.
- Utilize The PBIS Model for: Relationship Building, Respect, and Responsibility; to foster a positive classroom environment.
- Must possess a valid Colorado Teaching License with endorsements for the levels and subject areas teaching; mastery of subject matter coupled with a passion to engage and motivate students.
- Provide engaging, fun, and effective instruction that helps build a health and wellness foundation for young children.
- Engage the students in both individual activities and team sports, while explaining the correct and safe way to engage in physical fitness.
- Teaches knowledge and skills in dance, health education, physical fitness, and rhythms utilizing curriculum and other appropriate learning activities.
- Analyzes, demonstrates, and explains basic skills, knowledge and strategies of fundamentals of body movement, games, and rhythms.
- Maintains control of equipment, locker room, recess equipment, storage, and school property.
- Comfortable embracing and using education-related technology.
- Excellent classroom management skills.