The Embry-Riddle Athletics department is seeking an Athletics Director who can maintain and grow this program. This individual will be responsible for all aspects of directing the Embry-Riddle athletics programs, such as managing budgets, hiring coaches, ensuring compliance with regulations, fostering student-athlete development, and maintaining positive relations with stakeholders.
Essential Job Functions and Duties:
- Develop and implement a strategic vision for the athletic department in alignment with the university’s goals, mission, and values while also identifying opportunities for program growth and enhancement.
- Oversee budget planning and financial operations, ensuring responsible fiscal management of the athletic department.
- Recruit, hire, and supervise coaching and administrative staff, fostering a positive and productive work environment.
- Ensure compliance with NCAA and other sport governing regulations.
- Prioritize the academic success, personal development, and well-being of student-athletes.
- Engage in fundraising activities to support athletic programs, facilities, and scholarships.
- Oversee maintenance and improvement of athletic facilities while mitigating risk factors related to sport activities.
- At least five years professional experience at a senior level in college athletic administration.
- An understanding of NCAA rules and regulations.
- Participation in successful fundraising.
- Strong organizational, writing, public relations, and communication skills.
- A strong passion and commitment to academic excellence and graduation of student-athletes.
- Commitment to equity, minority opportunities, and respect for diversity in the workplace.
- Successful cultivation of internal and external constituents.
- Ability to be proactive in dealing with athletic and academic issues and assure institutional compliance with regulations and standards of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).