The Athletics Director (AD) position exists to provide oversight of the CIU intercollegiate athletics endeavor as well as other fitness center activities. This position is responsible for recruiting qualified coaches for the team sports offered by CIU. The AD plans, schedules and delegates responsibilities for the CIU intramural program. The AD also provides overall supervision to the Associate Athletic Director and student workers employed in the fitness center.
- Ensure the recruitment of student athletes.
- Assist in fund-raising efforts for the intercollegiate athletics program.
- Plan for the student athletes’ academic and institutional success.
- Recruit, evaluate and direct coaches for the various sports offered.
- Plan for the future development of the athletic program.
- Assess the effectiveness of the athletic program.
- Manage the operational budget of the athletic program.
- Ability to initiate and develop participation in intercollegiate athletics.
- Ability to recruit, evaluate and develop athletic team coaches and athletes.
- Knowledge of exercise equipment, sports, and ability to schedule team events.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Master’s degree in Physical Education or related field preferred.
- Experience directing organized athletic programs at the college level.